Water & Flood Damage
Water and Flood Damage Restoration Service in San Diego, CA
Water and flooding emergencies won’t wait for our office to open, that’s why DRS is available to you 24/7. Responding to water damage or a flood event immediately helps to abate damage and minimize costs.
Water spreads quickly throughout your property and is absorbed by walls, floors, and furniture. DRS professionals will arrive quickly and begin water extraction immediately.
Timeline of Water Damage
- Water spreads quickly throughout property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into floors, walls, furniture/upholstery, and your belongings.
- Books, paper goods, and photographs start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 – 24:
- Drywall starts to swell and break down.
- Metal exteriors begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from paper goods, furniture finishes, and cloth spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mildew and mold may begin grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal starts to rust and corrode.
- Furniture begins warping and showing signs of mold.
- Paint blisters.
- Wood floors swells and begins to warp.
- Biohazard contamination becomes possible.
After a 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
In dealing with water damage, immediate action is vital. DRS professionals respond immediately and use state-of-the-art equipment and methods to remove the water quickly. We closely monitor and document the drying progression to confirm your property is dried properly and thoroughly.